top of page

Acerca de

Emergency Financial Assistance

Greater Charlotte Rise has partnered with Crisis Assistance Ministry caseworker to conduct a financial assessment and determine what aid you may qualify for. We understand there are many different challenges right now in the community but our goal is to help you stay housed, keep your utilities on, and plan to avoid a future financial crisis. 

What You Need to Provide

You will need to provide legible copies of the following along with your application:

  • Picture ID of the person applying for financial assistance.

  • Social Security documentation for all household members: Social Security (SS) card, documentation from the SS Administration, W2 form from an employer, paystub with a complete SS number, or W7 if applicable. If you are not registered with the SS Administration, you must provide some form of ID.

  • Proof of household income over the past 30 days. Include all paystubs received by any household members during this period. If anyone receives unemployment, SSI, SSA, VA benefits, retirement pension, child support, disability payments, or income from any other source, you must provide verification of that income.

  • Past due utility bills, disconnection notices, rental late notices, or eviction papers. These must be in the name of an adult who resides at that address.

  • Rental lease to verify your residence if you are seeking rent assistance.

How the Process Works

We use an emergency room triage process and customers with the most urgent needs are interviewed first. Depending on the number of people seeking financial assistance and the nature of your emergency, it may be several days before you receive a call from a caseworker.

If you qualify for assistance, payments will be made directly to your landlord or utility company.

bottom of page